5 Steps to Help Reduce IBS Issues
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a distressing condition suffered by one in five people in the UK at some time in their lives. Its uncomfortable, it's embarrassing and you don't want it. But what to do?
Symptoms commonly associated with IBS are:
tummy cramps or pain, possibly relieved
constipation or diarrhoea
flatulence - a windy bottom
bloating - your lower abdomen swelling, feeling sore
Action steps to help you take control of you:
1. Eat Pureed Papaya - Papaya puree will regulate the muscle workings of the stomach. It contains lots of lovely fibre which will also help the gut.
2. Take Psyllium Husks and Natural Apple fibres (preferably with activated charcoal) - this will help cleanse the bowels and provide bulk (which helps the liver function, aids elimination of toxins)
3. Take Pro-biotic Saccharomyces Boulardii - this supports intestinal health, helping the gut flora to thrive. Interestingly, it is NOT killed off by antibiotics ,as most gut flora is, since it is a yeast and it does not colonise the intestinal tract.
4. Get tested for Food Sensitivities - with the best will in the world, you are not going to manage IBS successfully if you continue eating food that your body has antibodies to. A proper Food Sensitivity (IgG) test will pinpoint exactly what it is you need to avoid. Otherwise it's guesswork.
5. Limit sugar intake - the sugars feed the 'bad' bacteria in your gut so they multiply and make you feel rubbish. By sugars I mean sugar (and artificial sweeteners) added to foods. Sugar that comes naturally in fruits is OK because it is magically wrapped up with fab fibre, micronutrients and phytonutrients.
Please please ALWAYS get checked out by your doctor and don't simply self-diagnose IBS. There could be other things going on....
#IBS #IrritableBowelSyndrome #papaya #saccharomycesboulardii #psyllium #artificialsweeteners #constipation #diarrhoea #flatuence #wind #tummycramp #bloating #foodsensitivity #IgG #foodallergy #testforfoodallergy